RISE 101 is a free, self-paced online course that provides information for NC community college faculty and staff who are implementing RISE placement, corequisite courses, and transition courses.
The course’s 11 modules include a RISE overview, advisor training, information about placement testing, changes in admissions, scheduling considerations, English and math corequisite courses, and English and math transition courses.
To enroll in RISE 101:
- Visit the Blackboard Open Education site, openeducation.blackboard.com.
- Using the Search bar, search for RISE 101.
- Select Enroll (the button is to the right of the course title and description.)
- Log in by using your Blackboard Open Education account.
- If you have a Blackboard Open Education account, enter your information and select Login. You’re all set to begin!
- If you don’t have a Blackboard Open Education account? Select Don’t have an account? Create one now. Then enter the requested information and select Create Account. Follow the on-screen prompts to verify and access your account.