Guided pathways institutes are a series of intensive sessions where colleges dive deeply into guided pathways and learn how to implement this institution-wide change. The NC SSC 2021 guided pathways institute will be a series of six virtual workshops — called the GPS 100 Series — that will begin in January 2021. These sessions, originally planned for September 2020, were delayed due to COVID-19.
The GPS 100 Series workshops are open to all 58 NC community colleges. This is a change from past guided pathways institutes, which were available only to specific cohorts of colleges.
For the GPS 100 Series, colleges can participate in whatever combination of workshops they find most helpful, and they can include as many faculty and staff as they choose. We recommend that colleges new to guided pathways participate in all six sessions.
Topics for the 2021 GPS 100 Series include:
- Dr. Lisa Borzewski, Associate Provost, St. Petersburg College
Ms. Priyadarshini Chaplot, Vice President of Strategy, National Center for Inquiry & Improvement
- Dr. Linda Garcia, Executive Director, Center for Community College Student Engagement
- Dr. Christina Hart, Vice President of Enrollment and Student Services, Indian River College
- Dr. Davis Jenkins, Senior Research Scholar, Community College Research Center, and co-author of Redesigning America’s Community Colleges
- Dr. Rob Johnstone, Founding President, National Center for Inquiry & Improvement
- Dr. Gretchen Schmidt, Senior Fellow, National Center for Inquiry & Improvement
- Dr. Kellie Ziemak, Director of Student Support, St. Petersburg College